We stand behind our reputation and will continue to serve our community with the values instilled by our funeral directors.
In 1908 Fred A. Loveridge operated an undertaking business in Cuba. When his son Glen O. Loveridge joined the business in 1918, it became know as F.A. Loveridge and Son. Glenn became the sole owner in 1926 and the firm was operated as the Loveridge Funeral Home.
Thomas S. Nicholson was employed by Glenn O. Loveridge and later purchased the business and operated it until July 1, 1991 when Rex A. McIntosh purchased the real estate and he and E. Ray Spink operated the business until 1995.
When Rex A. McIntosh became the sole owner on July 1, 1995, the firm name was changed to McIntosh Funeral Home on July 1, 1997. In 1999 and 2000 the funeral home was completely renovated to make it handicap accessible.
Bradley Spink purchased the business in January 2008.
The Spink Funeral Home has carried on its fine traditional service for the past 86 years, and will continue to do so for many years to come.
The home had its beginning in February, 1931, with its first office at 520 West State Street. After eight years at this location, Emmett E. Spink purchased the Herbert Sibley property at 205 North Third Street, in 1939.
Mr. Spink's two sons, Joseph Carter Spink and Phillip S. Spink, went into business with their father.